If you are interested in this kind of art, and you have decided to make their own hands an original gift to loved ones, or the original decoration for your home, it is better to start with the basics. Let us consider that we may need to create a small masterpiece.
Naturally, the only material for origami is paper. The paper can be any - depending on your preferences and the aesthetic appeal of the future figures. Here are possible options for the use of colored paper of different thickness and texture. Consider a few examples.
1. For starters, perfect for newsprint. Since it is easy to comprehend the basics of origami, since it is easily bent. But this paper wears out quickly, bad shape and keeps in contact with water breaks. Therefore, it is used for training in simple artefacts and as rough samples.
2. The easiest and most common kind of paper - Writing (or A4 office paper). Such paper consists of cellulose therefore contains a sufficient amount of adhesive, which makes it easy to bend the material retains the shape of a figure and increases its resistance to water.
3. excellent quality and has a density of drawing paper (drawing paper).
4. Typographical paper (or magazine) has good smoothness and flexibility, it holds its shape and is not subject to deformation after wetting.
5. For the manufacture of toys and jewelry, you can use self-adhesive and wrapping paper, these papers are also well suited for the finishing of the finished product.
6. If you plan to make heavy, big figure or a sustainable basis, take wholemeal paper or cardboard, but keep in mind that these materials are quite difficult to bend. To work with them may require additional tools: glue, scissors, etc.
7. To create the background, making jewelry and velvet appliqués fit the paper. Alone in the production figures are not using it, since virtually no holds its shape and badly bent.
8. For the manufacture of gifts, toys, Christmas decorations, parts of insects and birds, the multicolored tracing.
9. Especially prized among origami sided colored paper fans, especially the sort of "double-sided toned." From it are obtained elegant and bright origami.
10. Another type of paper - Embossed (having a texture). This paper is ideal for wet-folding, as well as for the production of shapes of living beings (giving them more realistic).
11. Handmade paper, such as Japanese paper - "your." The folds in the paper this looks softer. Buy it can be in the office supply stores.
12. Boxes, banknotes, paper towels, napkins, and even toilet paper - all can go to the cause.
In addition to these special types of paper produced, cut into squares with different patterns, different colors and sizes of paper for origami. But this paper is extremely difficult to find (it can only be purchased in specialized shops or via the Internet). And is it not cheap.
For decorating products and make them more sophisticated forms it is useful to have on hand the necessary tools for these purposes.
Scissors come in handy to cut the required size paper. Do not forget to draw a pencil line cut.
Guillotine come in different sizes. You can use it absolutely straight edge and cut correctly.
Stationery knife is used if you want to make a slit in the paper.
Clay of any kind, with which you will be comfortable to work, it is useful for bonding the individual decorative elements.
Paints, brushes, pencils, markers - used to make products the required colors and podrisovki individual elements.
General rules of origami
The first step is to determine what material you will be working. To train Pick up a thin, elastic, good bend the paper (preferably color). Keep in mind that your workpiece is to have the correct form. Prepare the working place at the table. To product quality look, you need to learn precisely, with great care and precision folding and smooth away folds, combining the corners and sides. Do not be lazy, learn all the techniques of folding, ranging from simple to complex, learn basic forms - and the result will fulfill all expectations.
So, you need to master all the origami technique for successful work - ways of folding (the legend), folding techniques and basic forms or standard blanks, which are formed on the basis of the figures as simple flat and complex volume.